FIRST NAME :
DATE of BIRTH:
PLACE of BIRTH:
MARITAL STATUS :
Jan. 14, 1952
STFA Bloklari 8.Blok, Daire 60 Kozyatagi, Istanbul / Turkey
Peker Sok. Gok Apt. 23/4
|+90 (532) 262 35 70 / +90 (549) 262 3570
|EDUCATION :||Middle East Technical University, Ankara/Turkey Electronics Engineer BsEE (1975) ; MsEE (1978)|
|LANGUAGES :||Turkish (mother language) English, German, French, Arabic (speaking only)|
|INTERESTS :||Bridge, Table-tennis, Travelling, Driving, Wind-Surfing|
|HOBBIES :||* Painting collection (1800+ domestic and international)
* Audio CD collection (10,000+ around the world)
* Match Boxes (2000+ around the world)
COURSE TAKEN DURING PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT
|AEG-80/2 COMPUTER||Operating Course|
|AEG-80/2 COMPUTER||Maintenance Course|
|ARL-74000 QUANTOMETE||R Operating Course|
|ARL-74000 QUANTOMETER||Maintenance Course|
|PDP-11/34 COMPUTER||RT-11 for Fortran Programmers|
|PDP-11/34 COMPUTER||RT-11 for Macro Programmers|
|PDP-11/34 COMPUTER||RT-11 Concepts|
|PDP-11/34 COMPUTER||Engineers Intr. to the PDP-11|
|PDP-11/34 COMPUTER||CPU Maintenance|
|ARL-74000 QUANTOMETER||Software Course (On-line Applications)|
|RAYTHEON COMPUTER||Real Time Networks, Hardware Definition with
Cluster Controllers and Terminals.
PARS/IPARS, BSC AND SNA/SDLC protocols.
|ALPHACRETE COMPUTER||Bilingual Terminal, Protocol Converter.|
|VIDEOCOM||Multi-access Res. System|
|GARTNER GROUP||Marketing and Sales|
|META GROUP||Marketing and Sales|
|META GROUP||Data Security|
|JUPITER RESEARCH||New Marketing Technics|
Publications & Conference Presentations
ATM Standards, Local IT Magazine,1991
Switch (Shared ATM/POS Networks), Local IT Magazine, 1992
Information Intelligence, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1993
Open Systems, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1994
Client / Server Architecture, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1994
Business Process Re-engineering, Annual IT Symposium, 1994
Local Area Infrastructure, Local IT Magazine, 1994
Hidden Cost in Client/Server, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1995
Operating Systems Wars, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1995
IT Vision, Open Systems Users Group Conference, 1995
Electronic Commerce, Annual IT Symposium, 1995
Re-Organisation of IS, Annual IT Symposium, 1995
Data Warehouse, International Data Group Symposium, 1996
Client/Server Management Issues, Annual IT Symposium, 1996
How to lower PC/LAN Cost, Annual IT Symposium, 1996
Notes to the IT managers to lower, Computer World Magazine, 1996
IT investment cost BPR and its role in Data processing, BIM Club, 1997
Data Warehousing, IDG International Data Group, 1997
IT Trends, Gilette Annual Forum ’97
Information Superhighway and future of Retail Banking, Annual IT Symposium, 1997
Application Server Selection Criteria , Annual IT Symposium, 1998
How to select? Choose in selecting the right Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) , Annual IT Symposium 1999
Software Product Selection Guide , Turkcell Symposium 1999
Dangerous Journey: Enterprise Resource Planning Project (ERP) , Annual IT Symposium, 2000
Total cost of Ownership, Turkcell Symposium, 2000
Vendor Management & Outsourcing , Ericsson-CPG, 2001
January 1991 – present date : President & CEO iF Elektronik Ltd.
Istanbul, Turkey (Turn-over USD 1 Million)
iF Elektronik Ltd. (iF) is a local “Independent I.T. Consultancy” firm and covers the following services:
- IT Audit
- Strategic I.T. Planning
- Specification Preperation
- Tender Evaluation
- Project Management
- Vendor Evaluation
- Acceptance Test (Hardware: CPU, I/o, Disk,Storage, Back-up)
- Cut-over Acceptance Test (Software: Operating System, BIOS, Middle-ware)
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis
- Benchmarking (thru META Group)
- Performance Test, CPU, I/o, Database, (thru META Group)
- Expertise services to Turkish Courts
- Project management and coordination
- Arbitration services
- Consulting Engineering services
- New Marketing Strategies (Jupiter Research)
At the same time; 1992-1998 Gartner Group and Meta Group (1998-2001) were represented.
I actually run the operation and took the following responsibilities personally:
- IT Audit
- ATM/POS Evaluation
- Payment Systems Review
- Branch Automation Design, Specs. Preparation and selection
- LAN/WAN design, specs. Preparation, selection
- Expertise to courts
- Specifications review
- Vendor Evaluation
- Project management of automation of a bank, 800+ branches (acts as CIO)
- Tender preparation/evaluation
- Credit/Debit card systems selection
- Architecture design (HOST-branch-off Road), vendor/product selection, cut-over
- PC selection supervision
- Check processing systems review
- Swift systems selection
- Electrification, UPS and generator selection
- Infrastructure Design
- IT Audit
- Tender Specification Preparation
- Vendor Evaluation
- Implementation Control/supervision
- Acceptance test
- Strategic IT planning
- ERP Selection Criteria
- Vendor/Solution selection
- ERP Specification Preparation
- Implementation supervision/control
- IT Audit
- IT Audit
- ERP Systems Design, vendor evaluation
- Billing Systems Review
- Printing Systems Design/Supervision
- Storage Systems Design/Supervision
- CRM Systems Design
- Data warehouse Design
- Vendor Evaluation
January 1990 – December 1990
ALHAMRANI UNIVERSAL CO. LTD (Diebold Inc., USA)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Turn-over USD 12 Million)
Vice President of Alhamrani Universal Co., Ltd. Having same responsibility with more free hand and authority. Running Systems House including ATM sales, Hardware Maintenance and Operation. Preparing Project Plans for new ideas submitting and defending to the Board of Directors for their approval. Setting-up the team and implementing projects.
November1986 – December 1989 General Manager
ALHAMRANI GROUP OF COMPANIES (Diebold Inc., USA)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Turn-over USD 550 Million)
General Manager, Data Systems Erection and business development of newly established Systems House.
- International Contract deals, setting-up team and development of Nissan-Riyadh Computerisation (turn-over USD 2000 Million)
- Supervision and management of Nissan computer network in Saudi Arabia consisting of IBM/4331, IBM 4361, Microvax II and PC’s on x.25 (turn-over USD 450 Million)
- Specification studies, setting up a team, designing, developing and implementing Brother’s Commercial Real-Estate computer network based on distributed LAN of 10 remote sites. (turn over USD 700 Million)
- Specification studies, setting up a team, designing, developing and implementing Zagzoog&Matbouli Com. Computer network based on S/36 and 25 remote sites (turn-over USD 100 Million)
- Specification studies, setting up a team, designing, developing and implementing of Abbar Co. computer network based on AS/400 and distributed PC’s of 20 remote sites (turn-over USD 125 Million)
- Specification studies, setting up a team, designing, developing and implementing of a Drum Factory computer network and PC’s at remote locations based on WANG VS/5000. (turn-over 25 Million)
- Consultancy on procedure preparation for a migration from DOS/VSE to VSE/SP on IBM 4361
- Counter consultancy to “Touche Ross International” on “Abbar Computer Network”
- Specification studies, setting up a team, designing, developing and implementing of a Brick Factory based on WANG VS/5000 and PC’s at remote sales office (turn-over US 15 Million)
- Supervision and implementation of several office automation projects covering Electronic Mail Desk Top Publishing, Voice-Data.
Network and Operation Consultancy:
- Project Coordinator: MTECH/EDS study to National Commercial Bank.
- Independent Adviser to AMDAHL in Alrajhi Banking Network in Branch Automation.
- Independent Adviser to Saudi Arabian Airlines Computer Network
- Project leader to consultancy and counter consultancy to Peat Marwick on Yemen National Bank Computerisation Project.
Supervision to the following Development and Operations:
- ATM Network Design and Installation in National Commercial Bank.
- ATM Network Design and Installation in Riyadh Bank.
- ATM Network Design and Installation in AlRajhi Bank.
- ATM Network Design and Installation in United Saudi Commercial Bank.
- ATM Network Design and Installation in Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA)
- Committee member of “shared ATM/POS Network” in Saudi Arabia.
- Maintain and improve DIEBOLD relations.
- Set-up, maintain, and develop ACI and TANDEM relations.
- Responsible for new business development in Financial Vertical Market.
August 1982 – October 1986 Country Manager
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING CO. (Raytheon Inc., USA)
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Turn-over USD 50 Million)
Data Division Manager. Erection and Business Development of newly established company.
Mainly involved in bilingual 3270 tests, utilisation of protocol converter. Training of Customer Engineers on Raytheon Data Systems Products. Supervision on Airline and 3270 Network in cooperation with S.I.T.A and N.C.C. Responsibility of maintenance and sales of Raytheon Data Systems and Alphacrete Products in K.S.A. Within the scope of company investigation and realisation of alternate cooperation with different vendors, mainly business promotion.
After having agreement with”VIDECOM” of England, travel agency computerisation concept was sold to Saudi Arabian Airlines. Setting-up the team for sales and maintenance of “VIDECOM” Travel Agency Systems.
During this period 2 Airport, 39 Airline Offices. And 300 travel Agencies were computerized and maintained.
April 1981 – July 1982 Customer Engineer
RAYTHEON INT. DATA SYSTEMS
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Turn-over USD 6 Billion)
Customer Engineer. Installation and maintenance of Modems, Cluster Controllers in Airline and 3270 Networks. Training of Saudi Arabian Airlines employees on Raytheon equipment in PARS/IPARS, BSC and SNA/SDLC environment.
December 1979 – March 1981 TURKISH NAVY HEADQUARTER
Communication Engineer for the period of National Military Service. Tender specifications preparation. Tender evaluations. Quality Control.
June 1977 – November 1979 CEMENT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Chief of the Computer Centre. Management and supervision of PDP – 11 system. Development of software application packages in Cobol, Basic and Fortran. Real-Time Computer Systems and Applications on Concrete/Cement Analysis.